Our Pricing Policy
Our PartnersAffordable school fees are at the core of LIFT’s identity. This is a subject of the utmost importance for the founding parents, and we know that it is for all of you too. Along with inclusive governance and truly multilingual education, it is one of the main reasons that gave birth to the project.
The scope of this pricing policy can be divided in the following four priorities:
LIFT aims to be accessible to as many people as possible, and to represent a schooling solution for all the French-speaking and Francophile communities of Taipei, based on values that reject elitism and self-serving biases.
LIFT does not receive any direct financial subsidy from the French government, although it must be emphasised that our school could not have been created without the continuous and unconditional support of the French Office in Taipei and our parliamentary representatives. The parents’ association benefits from the support scheme for French people abroad, a limited and punctual envelope which allows the payment of some one-off funding that covers current expenses related to the management of the project. LIFT does not receive any financial subsidy from the Taiwanese government, although here too we would like to emphasise the fundamental role of the city of Taipei (see Our Partners).
Therefore, the economic model of LIFT is that of a business, where resources consist of tuition fees which will finance all the initial investments, operating expenses and development investments of the school. LIFT is a non-profit organisation that does not depend on any private investment, nor does it reward any shareholders. Our investments are mainly financed by the French-speaking business communities in Taipei, by institutional and private sponsors (see Our Governance) and partly by the discount schemes offered to families able to pay tuition fees in advance. In other words, LIFT’s economy is based on the search for financial balance and not on profitability. Our strategy is to maximise the quality of the educational service provided for tuition fees set at the lowest level necessary to achieve financial sustainability.
This level of school fees has been determined according to:
- The desire to ensure a high standard of education for our students. Our team includes a number of seasoned entrepreneurs, and extensive financial planning has been validated by major players in the industry. For us, less expensive does not mean lower quality. We believe that at these fee levels, we can fund welcoming facilities satisfying high international quality standards (see Our Campus) and highly qualified teaching staff, for fulfilling learning experience that brings out each student’s full potential for success.
- Our enrollment projections.
- Our desire to guarantee an affordable level of tuition from the first year and stability over time, while financing medium term investment needs.
- Solid guarantees from our financial partners that allow all parents to feel confident about the financial sustainability of our school over time.
We know that education is one of the largest items of expenditure for families. Like any expense, predictability is just as important. By joining LIFT, you can be assured that fees will remain stable over time, with an annual increase voted by the LIFT Board where parents are largely represented (see Our Governance) and a strict framework for this increase based on Taiwanese inflation over a five-years period.
Our principle of transparency is applied here by providing each family with access to LIFT’s annual financial report, informing them of the precise use of each NT$ received. As a LIFT parent, you know each year the exact overall breakdown of each item of expenditure in which your school fees have been invested (premises, teaching and support teams, etc.), and, in the event of a surplus, the reinvestment projects voted by the LIFT Board for the school development.
As parents of LIFT pupils, you have a say in its management, and are part of its governance (see Our governance). In addition to receiving accurate information, you have the opportunity to influence the financial and investment decisions of your school.
Even at levels well below the other international schools in Taipei, we are aware that these fees represent an expense that is not always affordable for everyone. Therefore, we are working with the French Office in Taipei and the AEFE to ensure that French government scholarships are made available as soon as possible, and we are planning to set up an internal solidarity fund dedicated to financing scholarships so that LIFT can be the most inclusive school possible.
* We don’t plan to open Collège and Lycée classes for the 2022-2023 academic year, instead we are considering alternative options. 6eme (Year 7) will be offered in 2023-2024 at the very least to ensure continuity of education for pupils registered in CM2 (Year 6) in 2022-2023.
Tuition fees do not include catering, transportations, book deposit and extracurricular activities costs (options to be published soon).
Tuition fees are capped against Taiwan inflation for 5 years.
LIFT staff full-time administrative and teaching staff are exempted from tuition fees to register their children.
This one-time fee covers the costs upon registration of a new student. Applicable to a first registration at LIFT.
Pupils which were registered in a school accredited by AEFE during the 2020/2021 academic year are exempted from those registration fees.
“Founding Family” offer
To reward families who trustes us from the beginning, who’ve built LIFT as UPLIFT members, we offer preferred rates for families that wish to support us by committing early and for the long term:
- Any citizenship.
- Being member of the parent’s association UPLIFT before April 2022 (to register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, annual membership fee is 1,500 NT$).
- Payment of the tuition fees for 2022-2023 academic year only before the 1st of April 2022.
- Contractual commitment to register your children for at least 3 years.
- Waiver of registration fees.
- Priority (for) enrollment (of your child over general public) (Standard admission procedure applies)
- 10% tuition discount for 3 years.
Example of savings for 3 years elementary schooling: 155,000 NT$
If you can and wish to invest in your children’s education and a meaningful social project to service Taiwan and its French-speaking communities, you can buy a financial instrument: Founders option (ODF). (See Our Sponsors).
“Sibling” is defined as a dependent of the same parent(s) or legal guardian(s). This includes biological siblings, step-brothers and half-brothers. The following discounts will be given to families who have 2 or more children attending LIFT at any one time. Any other discounts applied, will be calculated after deducting the sibling discount first.
- 1st Child – No discount.
- 2nd Child – 10% discount.
- 3rd Child – 15% discount.
- 4th Child – 20% discount.
Payment terms and schedule
For new students, all enrolment fees must be paid within 10 days to guarantee a seat for the academic year 2022/2023.
All tuition fees must be paid by:
- Semester 1 – Thursday 1st September 2022.
- Semester 2 – Wednesday 1st February 2023.
Individual payment plans will be considered, but require approval by the LIFT executive committee at least 20 days prior to the start of the students first day of school and may incur a surcharge.
- If a student enrolls within the first month of any semester, 100% of the student’s tuition fees will be required.
- If a student enrolls within the second month of any semester, 80% of the student’s tuition fees will be required.
- If a student enrolls within the third month of any semester, 60% of the student’s tuition fees will be required.
- If a student enrolls within the fourth month or fifth month of any semester, 40% of the student’s tuition fees will be required.
For students joining during the academic year the tuition fee for the relevant semester must be paid at least 10 working days before they start enrolment. If the student starts school within 10 days of enrolment, tuition fees must be paid the day prior to commencing.
- If a student is withdrawn within the first month of any semester, 75% of the student’s tuition fees will be refunded.
- If a student is withdrawn within the second month of any semester, 50% of the student’s tuition fees will be refunded.
- No refund will be granted if a student is withdrawn after the second month of any semester.
Semester 1: Septembre the 1st to February the 1st (5 months)
Semester 2: February the 1st to July the 1st (5 months)